Regardless of how experienced you’re at driving accidents happen but new motorists are four occasions more prone to maintain any sort of accident than experienced motorists. Unskilled motorists are more inclined to get some things wrong and 70% of accidents that lead to injuries, dying and/or damage to property come from human error.
1. Distractions cause accidents. Limit the amount of passengers permitted to ride together with your teen.
2. Teens love to hear music but iPods or MP3 linked to their vehicle stereo cause them to become place their eyes off course. Glancing lower, for a couple of moments to alter the song, can result in disaster.
3. Gps navigation devices are an easy way to maintain your teen from being lost but entering destination information while travelling is unsafe. Make sure the Gps navigation system is set to ‘safe mode’ that just enables input once the vehicle isn’t moving.
4. Texting and speaking on the telephone are major distractions. Insist all mobile phones be switched off while driving. The temptation to “just see a caller’s identityInch is simply too great, as well as glancing lower to see the phone call display requires a driver’s attention off course. Seek advice from your mobile phone provider, you will find applications that are obtainable with a mobile phones that identify motion and instantly informs all incoming texts and calls the driver is unavailable.
5. Speeding cuts down on the time a person needs to respond to dangers. Speak to your teen about safe driving speeds. If you’ve still got concerns consider installing a Gps navigation tracking device that reads the vehicles travelled routes and speeds. These details obtainable in the device to your desktop computer (Gps navigation tracking might not be legal in most states). Live Gps navigation tracking can also be provided with special monitors, or through some mobile phone providers.
6. Driving late into the evening offers additional challenges for brand new motorists. Besides reduced visibility dropping off to sleep in the wheel is another risk. Many states restrict the hrs that new motorists are permitted to be the street. In case your condition doesn’t think about making your personal rule about whenever your teen driver is permitted to become driving.
7. Most collisions occur within 25 miles of home. Show your teens our prime risk intersections and areas near to home as well as on routes they travel frequently.
8. 40% of accidents happen at intersections, 25% of those are fatal. Creating a left hands turn onto an active street without the advantage of traffic lights ought to be prevented. Show your child detour routes which get them onto these busy roads without getting to create a harmful left turn.
9. Putting on safety belts increase the likelihood of surviving an accident by 50 plusPercent. Insist they be worn whatsoever occasions.
10. Provide a great example. Stick to the same safe driving rules that you’d like your child to follow along with.